PECS LEVEL 1 WORKSHOP
This intensive two-day training is designed to teach participants the theory behind The Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS) and the protocols on how to appropriately implement the six phases of PECS.
PECS is used to teach communication skills rapidly to those with limited functional speech. PECS promotes communication within a social context, without lengthy prerequisite training.
Training in PECS begins by teaching a spontaneous request and goes on to teach additional communicative functions such as responding to questions and commenting. An added attraction for preschool children with Autism and related disabilities is the high proportion of children who acquire independent speech.
Participants will learn how to implement the six Phases of PECS, including attributes, through presentations, demonstrations, video examples and role-play opportunities.
Participants will leave the workshop with an understanding of how to implement PECS with individuals with Autism, related developmental disabilities, and/or limited communication skills.
What you will learn:
- The key Pyramid components to designing effective educational environments.
- Strategies to create an abundance of opportunities for communication.
- The relationship between PECS and traditional communication training approaches.
- How to implement all six phases of PECS which targets individuals using a behaviour analytic orientation.
- The criteria for transitioning from PECS to other communication modalities.
- The Second Edition PECS Training Manual with Data Forms CD ($104.50 value) and detailed handouts with space for note taking will be provided.
- Lunch and refreshments are provided on both days and each participant will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
To book your spot, please email email@example.com